The following list is a sampling of key resources organized by theme. For more resources and for support in your research, Ask a Librarian!
- I speak for myself : American women on being Muslim
- Assessing Cultural Assimilation of Mexican Americans: How Rapidly Do Their Gender-Role Attitudes Converge to the U.S. Mainstream?
- Born in the U.S.A.
- Islam Moves West: Religious Change in the First and Second Generations
- The Importance of Family Factors and Generation Status: Mental Health Service Use Among Latino and Asian Americans.
- Unseen Disadvantage: How American Universities' Focus on Independence Undermines the Academic Performance of First-Generation College Students
- Do You Struggle As a First Gen Student?
Pop Culture and Social Change
- Avenger, Mutant, or Allah: A Short Evolution of the Depiction of Muslims in Marvel Comics
- Mo Salah, Breaking Down Cultural Barriers, One Goal at a Time
- Drawing on History in Recent African American Graphic Novels
- America's Cultural Challenge Abroad
- The new mutants : superheroes and the radical imagination of American comics
- Muslims in the Western imagination
- Generation M : young Muslims changing the world
- Cult pop culture : how the fringe became mainstream
- The evolution of the costumed avenger : the 4,000-year history of the superhero
- How pop culture works for social change - AndACTION
- Comic Belief: When Islam Inspires Superheroes
Arab-American & Muslim-American Experience
- Diasporic (dis)identification: the participatory fandom of Ms. Marvel
- Between Resistance and Assimilation: A Critical Examination of American Muslim Educational Behaviors in Public School
- Ethnic Identity and Imperative Patriotism: Arab Americans before and after 9/11
Religion and Disparities:
- Religion and Disparities: Considering the Influences of Islam on the Health of American Muslims
- Stereotypes of Muslims and Support for the War on Terror
- The Role of Arab American Advocacy Groups in Shaping American Foreign Policy
- ‘‘We are Arabs:’’ The Embodiment of Virginity Through Arab and Arab American Women’s Lived Experiences
- Arab America : gender, cultural politics, and activism
- How does it feel to be a problem? : being young and Arab in America
- All-American : 45 American men on being Muslim
- Threading my prayer rug : one woman's journey from Pakistani Muslim to American Muslim
- Islamophobia and racism in America
- An American family : a memoir of hope and sacrifice
- Resilient journey : leaving my Arab homeland for a new life in the US
- America at a crossroads. Muslim Americans
- U.S. Muslims Concerned About Their Place in Society, but Continue to Believe in the American Dream
Responsibility to Others
- 'The 99' aspires to teach Muslim principles
- The Developmental Roots of Social Responsibility in Childhood and Adolescence
- Social Justice in the Suburbs
- Educated Citizens in a Changing World
- Caring for a common future: medical schools’ social accountability
- Fostering Global Citizenship Dispositions: The Long-term Impact of Participating in a High School Global Service Club.
- You Expect What? Students' Perceptions as Resources in Acquiring Commitments and Capacities for Civic Engagement.
- Comic book crime: truth, justice, and the American way
- The medieval hero on screen : representations from Beowulf to Buffy
Science Fiction & Speculative Fiction
- Creating a Medium for Exploring the Implications of Science: Edgar Allan Poe and the First Science Fiction.
- The Comic Book as Symbolic Environment: The Case of Iron Man
- Science Fiction in the Information Age
- Thinking longer term about technology: is there value in science fiction-inspired approaches to constructing futures?
- The Physics of Superheros