...a landmark in science fiction...
Visions of Tomorrow: Science Fiction as Social Commentary
Wednesday, January 29th, noon-12:50, Library Lounge, Building L
As a genre, Science Fiction has pushed ups to see our future (and present) in new ways. It has predicted new technologies and challenged us to think about how society will change. In this event, a panel of faculty members will discuss SciFi as a genre and explore how to understand and recognize its relevance.
Videos & Podcasts
- AI vs Democracy (Student Podcast)
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning: Realities & Possibilities
- The Physical Implications of Critical Infrastructure Cyberattack
- Westworld: Robots, Entertainment, Power & Desire
- How AI is Changing the Healthcare Landscape and What's Coming Next
- Inequality, Automation, Algorithms, and Technology: A Faculty Panel
- Opening Lecture: Voyages in Computer Engineering featuring Machine Learning (video)
- One Book Preview: Technology, Artificial Intelligence & Psychology: One Book on I, Robot
- One Book Preview: I, Robot, Frankenstein, and the 2019-2020 one Book, One College
- One Book Preview: Real Robots & Real Science: STEM Opportunities on Campus