Let your voice be heard!
You have something to say. Channel it into poetry. Record yourself saying it.
And then submit it to the first annual MV Poetry Contest & Virtual Coffeehouse.
The contest, sponsored by the Moraine Library and the student newspaper, The Glacier, will provide a space for poetry to come alive.
How to enter:
- Create a video of yourself reading your own, original poetry.
- Start the video by stating your name and the title of your poem.
- The video, including the introduction, should be no more than 5 minutes.
- Submit no later than midnight Monday, March 29, using this form.
- ·Need help recording? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How it will work:
- Videos will be released as they come in on the Library’s YouTube Channeland in The Glacier.
- Judging will take place in early April.
- Winners will receive prizes and publication in The Glacier, and may be eligible to compete in the Moraine Valley Literary Competition in the fall.
Winners will be announced LIVE at our Virtual Coffeehouse at 3 p.m. Thursday, April 15. (Register here to attend this live, online event.)
We reserve the right to only accept poetry and videos that meet the sensibilities of the MVCC Library YouTube audience.